Parish Policy Statement for Safeguarding Children & Adults when they are vulnerable 2019
Parish of St Nicholas, Chislehurst in the Church of England Diocese of Rochester.
The following policy was agreed at The Parochial Church Council (PCC)
meeting held on 22nd May 2019
We are committed to implementing safeguarding children and vulnerable adults policies and procedures, accepting as a minimum the House of Bishop’s ‘Promoting a Safer Church; safeguarding policy statement’. This policy is available online via the Diocesan website http://www.rochester.anglican.org/content/pages/documents/1517914927.pdf . In addition the Parish will follow the diocesan procedures and recommended good practice, while being responsive to local Parish requirement.
- We will review and endorse all safeguarding policies annually, at the first meeting of the new PCC, so that new members are aware of their responsibilities and confirm the existence of their parish policy on child protection and safeguarding adults when they are vulnerable.
- The highest standards will be maintained in all the Church’s contacts with children, young people, and adults when they are vulnerable. We will undertake careful selection of all those who will work with children and vulnerable adults and give appropriate support and opportunities for training.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that a child, young person or a vulnerable adult for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
- This parish will cooperate fully with the statutory agencies in every situation and will not conduct its own investigations.
- We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to any child, young person or adult who has suffered abuse.
- We will care for and supervise any member of our church community known to have offended against a child or adult.
- The Parochial Church Council of this parish acknowledges its responsibility for all work with young people and vulnerable adults done in the name of the Church and requires all those engaged in such work to be properly appointed and supported in accordance with current good practice and guidelines issued through the Diocese of Rochester
We have appointed as our
PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICER (PSO)
Name………… Susie Hemming-Clark
Address……… Hampton Hall, 1a Holbrook Lane, Chislehurst, BR7 6PE
Telephones…. 020 8468 7945 / 07790 689 028